A Crown Is an artificial restoration which fits over the remaining part of a prepared tooth. We offer high quality porcelain bonded and metal free crowns, making it strong and giving it the shape of a natural tooth. A crown is sometimes known as a cap.
To place a crown our cosmetic dentist will carefully reshape your existing tooth so that the crown will have a natural appearance and close fit. Through the sophisticated materials and technology, an experienced cosmetic dentist can fit you with porcelain crown that looks and feels and functions like your natural tooth.
Benefits of Having Crowns
- Improvement to the colour and the shape of the tooth
- They provide the best protection to a heavily broken tooth
- Crowns are proven to last longer tan any other type of restoration
A bridge is a false tooth, which is fused between two crowns to fill in the area left by a missing tooth. The two crowns hold the bridge in place and are attached onto your teeth on each side of the false tooth. This is what is known as a fixed bridge. Fixed bridges cannot be taken out of your mouth.
Benefits of Bridges
- Better functionality – eating, chewing and swallowing is a great deal easier.
- Improved self esteem – improves your look from having missing teeth
- Not removable – you don’t have to worry about taking it out to clean
- Long lasting and durable and last a considerable length of time